SASCO REPORT

I had a great time,made some ca$h,and got rid of a bunch of stuff! Thursday I bumped into Bo from Texas,and reintroduced myself.Saw some other people from last year ,but CRS is keeping me from remembering names. Ran into the Kowakski brothers .Set up Jim Turners spot and my own,which was 4 truck loads big. Sold a few things. Friday was a big selling day.Lee D,Debbie and the niece all showed up. Some guy with a beard and shiney whistle pretties stopped buy to deliver some goodies for the 65.Boy did I feel silly not recognising the King of Chrome, Jerry Forrester! That face fur really threw me! Dusty Bob stopped by and introduced himself,and bought a few things. His friend from Fly By Night Interiors was there too.Man he has some NICE things. John P and Nate were all over the swapmeet. Never seen two guys happier to scarf up some bargins AND find the parts they really needed. I got to meet Mel Snow too.She is really nice. BS'ed with Dan Wisniewski and his father.Their relation owns Ziffles BBQ in Fort Wayne. Really good eats! Ed George stopped by the spot and picked up some parts. He has a BAD R series 64! Or is it a 65? Either way its sweet! Met T-BOLT today too. Saturday was the arrival of better late than never Turner!!! I am just teasing you JIm! I had a great time hanging out and BS ing with you! Got to talk with the Myers today. Bob Palma stopped in to tease me about the Mertz thing.Really,he is a nice guy! Jim Kraak (hope I spelled that right!)-came buy to check out the parts selection. OCF and Jeff Rice,I really missed you guys this year!!! Hope you can make it next year. It was really nice to see all the guys from the NG,and all those people you only see at Stude functions. I learned a few things about Stude stuff too,so it really was a blast this weekend. Sorry if I forgot to mention anyone,I am kinda tired. Hope everyone had a safe trip home and that we can do it again next year!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Mertz Racing

Superb! Glad your day was a winner! Wished I could have been there... Jeff

"Mertz Rac> I had a great time,made some ca$h,and got rid of a bunch of stuff!

***
Reply to
Jeff Rice

You do not want to hear about the '37 front fenders,hood,rear fenders,grill support that showed up,Jeff...(they were originally yellow too!) I had a great time! Met all the usual suspects as well as a bunch of names now have faces.I think wearing a name tag helped..lol. Weather was great,set up Thursday and was cuttin'deals right away.Most found my prices very fair(ask DustyBob) subsequently I brought a whole lot less home.Stepped up and paid for my set of CE fenders from Phantom and bought new interior boards from Mr. Loga . There isnt a better or more friendly bunch of car nuts in the world than the Studebaker family.

Bob40

Reply to
Bob

I hope to be there next year, this year has been a challenge in every way possible but I figure things can only get better, " I can't die now, I still have too many people to piss off!" Calvin 10:17:52

Reply to
oldcarfart

Bob, if you find that one bracket just ship it to JP and let me know what I owe you... I think I found everything else I need to do the swap

nate

Bob wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Had a blast, and found a really nice "driver" quality parking light housing for my '55 so JP will finally quit whining about my car looking a mess. Made most of my purchases within the first couple hours of getting there from "Bob40" who apparently just cut up some 53-55 C-Ks and a 4-speed Hawk, got some small but important pieces that I'd been looking for for several swap meets now. Only disappointment was how early everyone packed up on Saturday, if you were a serious shopper and didn't show up on Friday you were screwed because by 2 PM on Saturday everyone was already gone except for a few vendors who were packing up. This seems to be the way all the swap meets are going; you have to take a day (or two) off from work if you are actually hoping to find any bargains. kind of sad but what are you going to do.

one more cup of coffee and then I will attempt to extract all the stuff I bought from the trunk of JP's car (got in a little before 3AM...)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

N8, I'd have HAPPILY stayed til 5 PM on Saturday, vending, IF there were customers there to sell to... Friday was not swamped with people but there was a steady flow and sales were good.... I was set up about 10:30 on Friday and left about 5 PM... Saturday, I was there by a few minutes after 8 AM and packed up at 3 PM... I did less than 10% of what I did on Friday all day long....

In order to keep the vendors there, we need PEOPLE there to justify it. I also noticed you were in the car and gone shortly after 2 PM on your way home so, in all honestly, YOU are part of the problem as well

On Sun, 07 May 2006 11:06:59 -0400, Nate Nagel wrote: Only disappointment was how

Reply to
Lee

I hear ya... problem is, I'd already bought everything I wanted to buy and so had my ride! Without anyone to buy from (I'd already picked through your stuff pretty well, and despite your repeated assertion that C-Ks are parts cars, didn't see a whole lot of stuff I needed! and all the "big" vendors were already packed up and gone by then...) there wasn't a whole lot to do. I don't have the solution to the problem, just saying that it's there... pretty soon, we'll all be showing up Wednesday night to trade parts and leave on Friday...

On the upside, I've already started sorting the stuff I brought home and making a shopping list...

nate

Lee wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Isn't this the same problem with just about every swap meet?

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Well, I'm back home and didn't break anything that I bought, several big things and a lot of small stuff. One thing that I noticed this year were fewer vendor at Sasco and more at the fairgrounds. It was just the opposite last year. Most of all I missed spending some time with Ol' Snurdley aka Prof. Dork.

Dustybob in WV

Reply to
Dustybob

Right on, Dusty. It's hard to believe it was only two years ago that Tom Stephany was with us for dinner at Perkins Restaurant, just north of the toll road on U.S.31, with his gold '63 Cruiser out front. Only two years ago! BP

Reply to
bobcaripalma

SB was a great time as ususal! Was great too see those of you we know, and sorry that we likely missed many, as I saw familiar faces that I could not put names to. Rich, was nice to see you AGAIN, even though you don't know you've met me a couple times before. You were at the drags racing your yellow Lark, right? Or do I have you mixed up with someone else? Hope you got a glance at my truck in the parking lot at Sasco as you left. Maybe then you remembered seeing the truck racing Mickey at the drags? Just teasing ya, as I did not recognize you either, but know I've met you in the past...but hey, seeing each other once every year or two AND having CRS, which I suffer from too, doesn''t make it easy to recall. I'm really not that memorable, but people seemed to recognize my long-haired but balding hubby. Danny & I have been there every May for about 10 or 12 years and enjoy it more each time, as we meet more great Stude folks every year. Picked up a few parts for the Champ and I think Danny even managed to get one for his Hawk (thanks Ted!). But, we go to SB for the people, not for the parts, which are just an added bonus if we find some. It was great to see all of you. We didnt make it by the museum, but maybe next time. There just wans't enuf time to visit everyone and get that in, but we'll get there.

The Champ ran like one for the entire trip, which pleased me since we hadn't had it out much at all since last fall. I too hope everyone had a safe trip home and look forward to next time! mel

Reply to
Mel