Saturday breakdown

Drove the Transtar to the local car show after hearing that my Stepfather operation was successful. A triple bi-pass and 2 pigs valve, another pacemaker and a new battery (now on #3 pacemaker). So I was in a pretty good mood, so I decide to go to the show put on by Classic Corvette and the Thunderbird club. I got about a block away from the show and went to shift and the shifter flopped around like some yellow belly northerner leaving the state of Florida before a hurricane. Knew right away what it was. . . cheap shoddy workmenship on the brace that hold the shifter to the transmission. It broke again right at the same place were it broke before. Well I was stuck in first and was just blocks away so I said if Russ at 79 can go thru with a operation then this Transtar can just finish going to the show and then a slow ride back to the body shop afterwards to get fixed.

They had a auction, wine/beer tasting, ribs among other food types and did I mention beer. Had a great time and a very slow drive back to the body shop. Took the body shop truck back home and got up early to fix up the Transtar, took about and hour and a half and then got back home cleaned the pontoon boat, filled it with gas and beer & snacks for the Rice's to use. . . and of course, they were a no show. Thanks, Jeff! not even a call and of course I don't have email on the weekends but I sure he didn't even try that anyway.

Reply to
Rick Courtier

I did send you an e-mail. and was out all yesterday and didn't have your number to call... Sorry... Jeff

"Rick Courtier" wrote..

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Just busting your chops. . . I didn't do anything but work on the truck and now drinking beer. . . tell everyone Hi and have a Great visit!!!!

Reply to
Rick Courtier