Saturday Follies (ot)

The wife wanted to get off the property Saturday. She 'invited' me to take her to the local Kiwanis county fair in Statesboro (hint, hint)... So I briber her with a tit for tat offer...(hint, hint) It worked , and we went to the fair last night. ... At the fair, I learned two things, one of which I wondered heavily about for years and finally put to rest. The other was just plain stupid, and a disappointment (for me at least), the other was not heart healthy....

1) The latest 'bling' amongst the hip hop rapper crowd (besides gold teeth and gold chain necklaces... is NASCAR leather jackets. Especially the M&M jackets (must be a tie to the rapper, as most of the jackets were old, and out of date sponsor's)

2) Deep fried Hostess Twinkies are awful. (and they are even worse covered in chocolate, which is what the wife had)

But..... Some hope still remains, because I have still to find and test the culinary performance of a deep fried Snickers bar... Jeff ( The quest for regularity comes in many forms...) Rice

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Come to the SC State Fair this week... 1) Deep fried Twinkies, Oreos, Snickers, Milky Way... if it can be battered and deep fried it's there... and everything is fried in the same oil as the blooming onions. 2) Bring body armor, gang shootings last year. 3) Dumping ground for parents has lead to the rule of if it's after 5:00 and you're under 16 and not with escorted by someone 21 or older, you get hauled to the Fair Detention Center until someone can come get you. 4) Don't go near any of the "tall" rides unless you want to get spit on.

I haven't been there in over 12 years... deep fried pickles are pretty good though.

Did your wife complain about having to wait forever to get on a two minute ride?

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

No, but she did tell me 'no cutting in line' ... Jeff

"Lee Aanderud" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

That's nothing, at the NC State Fair we have fired Cola Cola!

Jeff DeWitt

Lee Aanderud wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

At least you passed the "You must be this tall to ride" sign.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

And they wonder why obesity is rampant in this country.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Why did they fire Coca-Cola??

Reply to
transtar60xxx

Reply to
oldcarfart

that's been an issue since the honeymoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (hobbling and ducking )

messagenews:45322f65$0$19642$ snipped-for-privacy@free.teranews.com...

Reply to
oldcarfart

Coldn't speal?