SDC Membershio dues to increase?

The new postal rates seem to favor the large mailers. Time Warner helped write them, it seems.

Big guys get a break. Little guys and those with odd shaped stuff gat something else.

I guess we'll find out next month. Attend the board meeting

Lucky me - my dues are due, now.

Karl

Reply to
midlant

Other smaller circulation periodicals have the same complaint.

Reply to
Barry

The dues have been the same for over ten years. How many groups have held costs down that long?

Chip

Reply to
cjdaytonjrnospam

At $27.50/yr , it is one of the biggest bargains in the car hobby.

Reply to
Barry

At one time, the SDC By-laws were written so that a majority of members (not members voting) had to approve the increase in dues.. As luck would have it, I was elected SDC President whe it was realized that poor phrasing was in the by-laws, so we had to get the local officers out there to fight for the survival of the club. Shortly after taking office, I attended the ZM in the Seattle area and addressed the banquet somewhat as follows. "We need over XXX votes on this, with a majority voting in favor, so please check the YES" block on Poposition Number one, approving that the Board of Directors shall set the dues hereafter. If, after thoughtful consideration, you do not feel the increase is needed, or that approval of dues increases by members should remain, please check the "YES" block!"

It passed and the club survived.

Karl Haas

Reply to
midlant