Secrets revealed #1

Can you believe it? Inflation is supposed to be under control and still, Tractor Supply just raised the price on the C-4 oil filter from $5.25 to over $6.00. You say you have been buying them from NAPA for $11.00. Tisk, tisk. I thought you guys were tight-wads! Another secret revealed!

Reply to
dwcars

Well, ya gotta remember that the guv'ment does NOT factor in food, energy and shelter into the CPI.. Ya gotta luv 'em!

JT

dwcars wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I'm sure Tractor Supply was getting hungry and cold out there in the open

Really? US Gov't doesn't include energy, food, shelter in CPI?? Sounds improbable. Although, considering the US government's slight-of-hand with their unemployment statistics, I could almost believe it (What is calculated as statistically full employment of 6.5% unemployment in Canada, is stated to be about 5% in the US, because certain component of people *actually without a job* who would and could work if they could find it,and are counted in Canada, and "just not included" for optics purposes in the US.) So, at 6.1% in Canada, and 4.5% in the US currently, both countries are in "'negative unemployment" zone, and need all sort of jobs filled by migrants.

Jim Bartley > Well, ya gotta remember that the guv'ment does NOT factor in food,

Reply to
Jim

Yep, leave it to the boorowcrats to devise statistics that tend to become meaningless to us mortals. OTOH, they always find a way to get their hands in your pockets and the pleasure is all theirs...

JT

Jim wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire