Shift linkage grommets

Does anyone have a source for the round rubber shift linkage grommets for an automatic transmission linkage?

Thanks.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

No idea, Lee... If I ever get around to getting a lathe here, I will make them from urethene or Delrin but I have not found 'the' lathe I need net.

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

Thanks, I guess it's time to improvise... cause the car wants to stay in Neutral 99% of the time I want it to go into Park. That with my emergency brake needing adjusting or the rear drums/shoes full of rust (e-brake isn't grabbing) doesn't make for a good combination.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

No, I would guess it doesn't!

I can scrounge around here and try to find some good, serviceable ones to get you thru if it would help.

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

Thanks, I need to get under there and see what I need. I thought someone a while back said they found a replacement part that worked... I want to say a Volvo part.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

well, you could have asked me... you even had a couple in your hand...but we were working on the truck- not the Stude.

Ray

Lee Aanderud wrote:

Reply to
Studeman

Yeah, but I thought that was your last one, and since these things seem to be a hard to find item I figured that it was for your stock.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

I think you must be talking about part number 1539489. If so, contact Phil Harris at Fairborn Studebaker. He may have them or be able to get them if he doesn't have them in stock. May be a few days before he can deliver as he is having gall bladder surgery Friday.

Ted

Lee Aanderud wrote:

Reply to
tedharbit

Lee Aanderud wrote:

Thanks, I need to get under there and see what I need. I thought someone a while back said they found a replacement part that worked... I want to say a Volvo part.

--------------000107030305080309090307--

Reply to
Studeman

WTF do you think I use my stock on? Customer Cars? :-) I think I told you to remind me to check the size on the spare tranny I had.... but we got busy getting the truck moving under it's own power....

Ray

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Lee I stock these at $8.00 plus $2.00 shipping. I only have one. Bob Kapteyn snipped-for-privacy@mac.com

Reply to
rkapteyn

Reply to
keith_kichefski

Do to condo rules and limited garage space, I couldn't get away with changeing the ones on the tranny, but can get away with working from above - and work is needed. Are the lower or upper one must likely to need changing due to wear causing hang-ups? (I've had the same fabrications thought as you.) Karl

keith snipped-for-privacy@wed.dresser.com wrote:

Reply to
midlant

GREAT idea! I'll have to try that on the cop car as it needs some and this would be a good test mule.

Lee

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee