Silvertone mufflers

I wish you had told me that years ago! LOL

I haven't noticed any rust-preventative effect on any of the Studes I've installed them on, sadly, but I am quite happy with the fit, quality, and service.

nate

(what's Don's phone number again?)

Reply to
Nate Nagel

In other words she wants a 911 Carrera instead of the 911 Turbo.......... You really should try and talk her into the turbo version (or maybe the GT3RS).

-- wf.

Reply to
randee

------------------------------------- George, I just purchased a '63 Avanti and am new to the group. I am wondering if anyone ever go back to you on the sound level of the "quiet" Silvertones. I am looking for mufflers that nice a nice "growl" when accelerating but are quiet while cruising.

CommunityWeb and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.autos.studebaker - 32586 messages and counting!##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
pjd822

How was the fit? They supposedly have a good reputation. The shipping costs must be murder...

JT

Reply to
GrumpyOne

We put a Silvertone exhaust system on a '59 Sky Hawk. Fit and exhaust music was perfect.

If you want a Silvertone exhaust system, order it right now. Don may not be doing it too much longer.

Matthew

Reply to
mbstude

BTW, shipping a complete set of pipes without mufflers to Georgia was less than $100.00.

MB

Reply to
mbstude

Thanks Mathew, I was just inquiring out of curiosity. I've always heard good things about these systems but since I'm winding down my car activities I am not in the market for one.

BTW, I still have the two stainless Power Hawk pieces that I need to get to you and will do so in the next couple of weeks.

Regards,

JT

Reply to
GrumpyOne