So Cal bound from Florida

Next Tuesday, my wife and I will be heading out from North Florida to So Cal to visit out daughter and son-in-law thats based in 29 Palms. We will also be seeing our new grandchild thats just over a month old. I had thought about taking the trailer out in case I found anything, but noone has really needed anything take OUT to California. Everyone wants stuff brought back east.

While out there, I will be snooping around the area and checking out a couple of Studebakers I found last year just as I was leaving the area. I know its a bad time of year for car shows, but I will look around to see if anything is going on. We will be heading back around the 4th of Jan.

So if anyone is in the So Cal area and knows of something in the area, please drop me a note. Maybe I can visit some of those in the area too. I know my son-in-law would love it. Thanks, David

Reply to
VWandSTUDEBAKER

Pat Drnec

LOL.... I was going to mention the same thing, Pat... I also have a '57 Golden Hawk here that needs to get to the L.A. area and a '62 Lark Hardtop I just bought out there that needs to come back here to Fort Wayne.

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

The San Diego Union - Tribune Saturday edition has a column listing local auto events. Google "Sign On San Diego" and you will probably get to it. In interested, try it now and then after next Saturday.

I expect that the LA times has something like this, too. Do "the kids" get a local paper with events?

Karl

Reply to
midlant

Well, if I was taking a detour thru my home town of Kokomo, I just might do that. But then, I dont know if the HT would stay on the trailer all the way to Cali *cough*

David

Pat Drnec wrote:

Reply to
VWandSTUDEBAKER

Reply to
satdoc2 via CarKB.com

Now my son-in-law would like the 55 Speedster. I wanted to stop in to San Antonio to listen to a band called AXE play on the 2nd or 3rd. It all depends on what day I can drag the wife away from the new grandchild.

I found a 50 4 door commander and a 60s truck the same day I was leaving last year. The 60s truck belonged to a guy that needed parts (had belonged to his wifes brother that died). I never heard from him, so I will see if I can look him up again while there.

Now if I could only find someone to buy my 66 Cadillac, I would have some spending money :)

David

satdoc2 via CarKB.com wrote:

Reply to
VWandSTUDEBAKER

Reply to
Studebaker George

WayneC

I wont need a trailer for the engine and tranny if he can load it in the back of the truck with the topper on it.

Studebaker George wrote:

Reply to
VWandSTUDEBAKER

Yeah, but not much going on while I am out that way. Kind sucks, but 'tiss the season.

I did f>

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Well you're right, now to much going on except the Biggest Parade of all! The Horseless Carage Parade. They run on the 30th. Its the one time of year that everyone(rich & not so rich-including Jay Leno)Brings out there Brass eara car. I've seen so many I cant think of EVER Missing it. We "Kinda" Tag along. The SO Cal Antique club meets for Breakfast, then we've made up our own route criss-crossing theres the whole way. I only wish ours was running(one day). Go to theantiquestudebakerclub web site and give Sam or I a call/email and we will hook up and Do it! Last Year my Favorite was a Stevens, it was a French design. These are the cars that only a few actually made the road that folded. Steamers-Tillers(?) Marmons-Stars Shoot the list goes on. Rhonda aka Red2ubabe

Reply to
Red2ubabe

So where is this wing-ding? I may see if Clay (my son-in-law) wants to go. I grew up with old cars (Studebakers) and doing car shows. Clay came from a broken family and this is all new to him. They were able to come back to Florida on vacation and help with the SE Zone meet we had here in Gainesville back in April. Clay had never really been to such an event, so he was like a kid in a candy store. They even let him help judge, so he learned a lot and had fun. Made him feel like one of the guys. As a kid, he was lucky if he got a model to build, but this gets him dealing with the real stuff.

I think I have corrupted him...errrrr....helped him find a new hobby :)

Now I have to go start my new grandchild out early.

David

Red2ubabe wrote:

Reply to
VWandSTUDEBAKER

Give me a day or two & I"ll have all the info for you or call me its the 31st, its always the sunday before new years. Sometimes lots of Stars-rockers-even wrestlres - sports guys - have been spotted there. Last year only Jay, real bad weather. To much rain with mostly open brass era cars. Our 36 is down getting engine repaired(wah) - New

53 Truck should be ready. But of Course I've always got Ruby, but everyone frowns when I drive her because she's tooo dammed young being a 61. See they wont let most of us in because most of our cars are mid 20's early 30's Tom Markie is > > VWandSTUDEBAKER wrote:
Reply to
Red2ubabe

YEE HAW !!!!! Cali bound in about 30 minutes. I-10 is a LONG road !!! :(

David

Red2ubabe wrote:

Reply to
VWandSTUDEBAKER