speedo cable question

do I need a new speedo cable if I am swapping from a Flightomatic to a

4-speed? Parts book says they are different but what are the differences? I know I need a new speedo drive pinion.

thanks,

nate

Reply to
N8N

Nate You will need a cable for a four speed. The speedo cable for a four speed screws onto the pinion housing which is inserted ito the trans housing and is held in place by a retainer bracket and screw..

Reply to
Ron Butts

Reply to
John Poulos

Yeah, I agree, I thought that they went to a more conventional looking cable in mid-62, but wasn't sure, that's why I'm asking...

nate

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel