Spotlight

Was a spotlight an option on a 55 Speedster? Allen

Reply to
satdoc2 via CarKB.com

yes.

satdoc2 via CarKB.com wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Reply to
satdoc2 via CarKB.com

It could have been, but many were added later, many not the factory style.

satdoc2 via CarKB.com wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Is it the spotlight/mirror combo that's listed in the accessory brochure? If so...what do you want for it?

Reply to
Loy Daniel

When I bought my '53 K in '66 it had one of those combo spotlight-mirror accessories on it. It was installed through the stainless vent window frame. I thought (1), Studebaker couldn't have offered something that ugly, and (2), that Studebaker couldn't have directed such a Mickey Mouse way to install it. I took it off and threw it away. It turned out I was wrong on both counts. Years later I found a NOS one and the instructions with it showed installing it through the vent window frame on Ks. I kept it for years and decided there was no way I was ever going to install it (still thought it was ugly) so I sold it on ebay a few years ago. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Reply to
satdoc2 via CarKB.com

Okay. One was offered on eBay in the $90-100 range last week and failed to receive any bids. The seller managed to sell it off-auction after the auction closed. It was pitted badly and was missing the 'handle' and mounting bracket.

Reply to
Loy Daniel