Spring Zone Meet in Tulsa

Our 35th Annual Zone meet will be held on April 28th. The meet will be held at the Holiday Inn Select, at the SouthEast corner of the intersection of I-44 and Yale Ave.

If you want to just stop in and say hello, peruse what the vendors have, please feel free. Our Meet chair is Bob Canada.

If you want to enter a car, we'd love to have you.

If you need more info, contact me offline. (Some dude in a near new 48 Packard took the class trophy last year. Help!!!)

Jim

Reply to
jimandkathiekrise

I plan to be there. I heard from young Mr. Tosie last night, he is hoping to attend. (He may not be so young anymore, eh?) How 'bout all you other Texicans that used to go to Stude meets? Any of you gonna make it?

Dave Lester

Reply to
Dave's Place www.davesplaceinc

I gonna try, unless I go to the auction in Petaluma.

Reply to
Barry

Not us, Davie... We will be through later this summer moving the eldest son to Stillwater.

See you then.

Reply to
Loy Daniel

Believe it or not, I was actually going to try to make it to Tulsa this year, even told the remodeling contractor NOT to make plans on being here next weekend. Then my baby sister in North Texas found out that she has terminal lung cancer and it's already spread into her lymph system. She started chemo and radiation this past week, hoping to extend her chances to make it past the year they're telling her she has left.

Damn...you hear about it happening to other people all the time but you never really expect it ot happen to YOU or your loved ones! I've had lots of health issues the past couple of years...it's really slowed me down, changed me in more ways than I can count and it's made me realize that family and friends are the most important things.

I love these old cars....but nothing in this hobby has ever given me the joy that holding one of my new grandbabies does and I treasure each and ever hug and ever single kiss that ol' Grandpa can snitch from them! I have a new respect for each of my children, too. They've turned into ADULTS and they all understand the REAL meaning of life and love, now that they have children of their own.

There is just no greater joy than knowing that I helped guide them and tried to teach them what's important...and it has nothing to do with money, fame, or old cars. Sure, I wished for years that my son had an interest in Studes or any other old car, just so we'd have one more reason to spend time together...but I guess we did alright in spite of his lack of the 'mechanic gene' in his DNA.

He now understands that love extends further that he had ever imagined before he had his son. And he's moving up in his professional career,too. That makes me proud, too...but it pales in comparison to my pride in him as a Father, as a husband as a brother to his two sisters...and as a son!

I realize how lucky I've actually been these past few years, despite all my health problems. I'm still limited in what I can do and I have to take a handful of pills every day and yada-yada-yada...but despite all that, I've found a woman that loves me for who and what I am; I have three "grown-ups" for children now; two healthy, happy grandchildren here and another that will arrive in mid-June and I realized that even though I may never win the Lotto and be a millionairre, I'm already a rich man!!!!!

I have a great family and a few good friends to share my thoughts with and brag to about how lucky I am...and even though I haven't seen most of them in quite some time, I know you're there and that y'all may judge my choice of engines for my cars, you never judge ME because of it. :)

I started this rambling just to share my reason for not attending yet another meet...but I'm sure you all understand that while my presence may be slightly missed by a few of you, it's for a good reason. I'll be close, since my sister lives on Lake Texoma (right on the Texas- Oklahoma border), it's much more important to me to spend time with her and to re-establish some of the tight family bonding that we've let slip away over the past 10 years or so.

We always think we have plenty of time to make up for a few missed birthdays or family reunions that we just didn't have time to attend (sometimes year-after-year-after-year)...until something like this jumps up and slaps us in the face with a cold hard dose of reality and profound sadness. It's terrible to lose a loved one suddenly; but it's absolutely heart-wrenching to know that someone you love has only

12-18 months left of their life...and she's only 46 years old.

Damn, it saddens me so to think of her leaving us at such an early age. I've come to realize that life isn't 'fair' or 'unfair'...it's just life playing out the way it does.

You hear about something like this and you hope they've taken advantage of each and every chance they had at happiness through the years they've been here...and more importantly, you hope they take full advantage of each and every moment they have left. And if there is anything I can do to make her remaining time more enjoyable or easier, then I'm going to make the extra effort to do it!

Sorry to unload all my sorrow and rambling on you guys...but in a way, you've all been part of my 'family' for many years and I've been remiss lots of times in expressing how much y'all have meant to me over the years. Lots of you I've only met once or twice, some of you I've never met in person...but there are a select few on here that I count as true friends and I want to let you know that I truly appreciate the good times we've spent together and the encouragement I've received these past few years while I've been out of action.

You know who you are...and you know that I miss the hours spent sitting in the parking lots, talking late into the night and the smell of burning rubber as we did burn-outs and cut donuts in the motel parking lots...even if one of us just did it with one tire! :)

Okay...enough of my morose attitude. I hope you all have a great time in Tulsa..and I truly wish I could be there to enjoy seeing you all again. Hopefully things will work out later on this year and I can get back into the old groove just a little.

In the meantime, y'all add my sister to your prayer-list if you have one. Some folks don't believe in that power; some believe in it but don't practice it; others take great comfort in it....and at times like these, what does it hurt to try one more time to ask for some help from whatever Higher Power you do believe in?

Y'all take care of yourselves and enjoy life whenever you get the chance. And if you don't get the chance...maybe you need to step back, re-evaluate what's important to you and establish some new priorities, like I've been doing. I may not be having the high-times and partying like I used to...but I've sure been enjoying my life the best way I can lately.

Bob (living and loving it in Austin, Texas)

Reply to
Bigbob62

You bet we will miss you!

I am saddend by your bad news, and happy that you feel condident to confide in your felllow carnuts. Jim and Kathie and the rest of the Stude Gang!! from all over.

Reply to
jimandkathiekrise

Yes, we will!

I understand and appreciate why you won't be there.

You and yours are in our thoughts and prayers!

Dave Lester

Reply to
Dave's Place www.davesplaceinc

Bob,

I'm saddened to hear of your sister's illness. Hopefully the chemo and radiation therapy will give her some quality time. I guess a lung transplant is impossible because of the lymph involvement?

Please let your sister know we are all pulling for her.

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond

My uncle recently had a successful lung transplant operation, necessitated by the chest radiation he received for his leukemia treatments. I lost an aunto to lung ancer in Oct, the day after I got home from Omaha. Best wishes for a successful treatment for your sister. BH

Reply to
Barry