STILL HERE JEFFSTER

Just returned Tuesday morning from a road trip to my home town of Weirton West Va. bout 1900 miles round trip driving in my 92 Corvette. I actually drove the total distance. Remarkable to myself as since my reintroduction to driving, last May, my longest trek was driving to Tifton Ga From Dothan Al. Friend of mine {Nate }traveled with me. Amazing to me was getting a complete trip average of 26.2 mpg on regular gas. 350 cu.in, 300 hp LT1, base model Corvette engine. Regular gas did not seem to be problematic. Hope it didn't hurt it. It's going to be a keeper at that measure of mileage plus it is a well engineered car with a lot of ass. I never wanted a Corvette but bought one on impulse 2 -1/2 years ago. and Just started driving it in April as my GT is in the shop getting new paint and interior.. Actually one day as I was showing my wife this beautiful condition Avanti II 1981 {green somewhat similar to that dark metallic green used on GM cars of bout 68 thru 70} that sold on e-bay for a B.I.N. of 8200 she remarked. "Well, If you liked it, why didn't you buy it?". I was stunned and prompted by her remark so I bought what I considered to be the next best thing. Good I didn't go after an Avanti type as my wheel chair doesn't fit in the trunk of an Avanti. Aw chitt. Jeff, I figgered you'd be in South Bend, It was a great time for me and got a few items. Saw lotsa folks I knew from years past. I posted in Fairy Tale Forest Land just cause I could. I aim to continue here and hope it get's back to the level of participation it used to have. If I get banned again they'll probably ask me to resign as a club member. Can they take my Studebaker away from me? How you be Studebaker George? jimmijim

Reply to
jimmijim

Hey Jimmijim...I don't think in all my years I have ever heard of someone being 'kicked out' of SDC...so I doubt you and I have anything to worry about..LOL... Good luck in the land of 'milk and honey'...maybe after the next 'honcho' takes over I will become 'unbanned'... Not like it matters much to me. Glad you had an enjoyable trip. Start planning for the next FL State meet in Lake Mary! I am shooting for the return of my 'ol faithful Daytona with a new engine by then if I can clear out some of the current 'projects'. Maybe another labor rate increase will chase some away and give me some time for myself......hard as I am working I should be skinnier and richer...but alas I am neither, just older, fatter, and broker...with all my own cars in the 'back of the bus'... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

November 11-13 at the Orlando Marriot Lake Mary FL. Constable badge, eh....well, just can't resist... WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES HERE! Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

that would be ethnic proper at S-t-e-e-n-k-i-n-g Amigo thanks for the info jimmijim

Reply to
jimmijim