Strange brake problem

I have been having a right rear wheel lock up on braking on the 64 Daytona I have on ebay. It would go away after a few stops, but still needed fixing. It was a out of round drum on the other rear wheel. I had it turned and everything is just fine now. Makes little sense, but I don't care.

Reply to
John Poulos

I had a similar problem with the 48. Found out the shoulder in the inside of the drum wasn't turned back far enough. Had the drums returned and had shoes made to fit the drums. No more parts house brake shoes for me. Feels like power brakes now. .

Reply to
studeluver

Leaky cylinder or grease on the lining...

JT

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I have had that on the '55. It is always the right rear wheel that locks up. Screech! This happened three times over the past 30 years. The first time had me baffled, as there were no visible problems at that wheel. Actually what it was, the right rear is the ONLY brake fully functional. The wheel cylinders in the other three wheels sieze in some way. Why the right rear is immune, I may never know. Typically I flush the fluid regularly, but the corrosion forms at the pistons, which is on the non-fluid side of the wheel cylinder. KK

keith_kichefski