stromber carburator

i have carburator link by the hold on the base of the acceleration pump why.......

Reply to
mario

Please explain what you have and model number if it is a Stromberg or a stromber carburator. Please describe what your question was and maybe we can give an answer. Bob

Reply to
RBK.

Bob, English is not Mario's first language. He does a lot better job at english than I (and most of the guys on this NG) do at Canadian French. Give the guy a break and TRY to interpret what he is asking. I am not familiar with Stromberg carbs., but what I think he is asking is, "I have a leak by the hole on the base of the accelerator pump, why".

-- thanks, Jerry Forrester check out my ebay store....

Jerry Forrester

Don't use silicone, RTV, etc on a carburetor. The one thing that will eat up silicone is gasoline, it will turn into a soft granular sticky sand-like material.

Reply to
Robert W Hughes

Those plugs cover holes that were part of the manufacturing process and are made of a typical lead alloy...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

THAT'S IT M.JERRY

I DONT KNOW IF I LOST SOME PARTS ON THE CARBURATOR OR IF MY ACCELERATION PUMP IS BROKE....I SEE THE HOLD BUT I DONT KNOW IF I CAN ONLY CLOSE IT WITH ...SILICON OR OTHER STUF...

MY CARBURATOR IS A STOMBER

MARIO

"Jerry Forrester" a écrit dans le message de news: qSmUi.7163$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews4.bellsouth.net...

Reply to
mario

Sorry if I sounded intolerant in my post. Jerry pointed out that you are French-Canadian and do not master English fully. Looking at your profile I realize your predicament.carburetor Being a foreigner myself I can relate to that problem very well. I understand that you have a 1956 President Classic. The standard carburetor on that car was a Carter 4 barrel. It maybe that your car had a Stromberg 2 barrel. This carburetor used lead balls to seal the holes that were drilled for inside passages. I can send you some if you can tell me how many holes you need to plug. Your language problem brings up an interesting question , if our newsgroup has people that can help in translating some of the questions. People all over the world read these posts and some may be reluctant to post because of a language barrier. I can translate questions in Dutch and possibly German. I know we have addressed Spanish in the past. So if you can read English but have problems expressing yourself in English, post your questions in your native language and someone may be able to translate. Robert Kapteyn

Reply to
RBK.

you are i gentleman

my carburator problem is close now , you have reason i only fit lead balls on thr hole and everything are ok

tanks i appreciate all respond .....

yes im french i can read english but i have some problem to write it....

mario from quebec evEry language have sAme passion STUDEBAKER... tanks "RBK." a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
mario

Mario, if needed I can translate for you - I took 5 years of Parisian French in high school but it's been a looooong time since I used it on a regular basis.

Mario, si nécessaire je peux traduire pour vous. J'ai pris cinq ans du français parisien dans le lycée, mais il est été un long temps puisque je l'ai utilisé de façon régulière.

Brooksie Calgary, AB

Reply to
Brooksie

tanks, i remember you

mario

"Brooksie" a écrit dans le message de news:

305Wi.165067$1y4.148960@pd7urf2no...

acceleration

Reply to
mario