Studebaker C-K, Avanti rear axle dimensions

Does anyone have any information on rear axle flange to flange and spring perch dimensions for C-K and Hawk cars and Avanti. I guess I could do some crawling and measuring, but thought someone might have these measurements handy.

Thanks, Joel

Reply to
Joel

It's kind of hard to get an accurate measurement because the pumpkin is in the way. Needless to say, they are all the same as far as I know. I'll try and get some sort of measurement today as I have a 3.07 44 on blocks in the back yard.

JT

Joel wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I have a Hawk, Avanti, and a Lark rear end sitting in the garage. Like JT said it is hard to get a measurement because the diff in in the way. I measured all three a few months ago and they all were the same, about 41 inches if I remember right.

Nick

Reply to
Studedude
58 1/2 inches flange face to flange face. No need to get all the way under it to get the perch measurment. Reach in from the back and drop a plumb bob line down from the outside edge of one spring. Do the same thing on the other side but this time on the inside edge of the spring. The measurment between those two marks will be the same as if you measured from the center of each spring.

Alex M

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno