Studebaker driver killed

Anyone know the guy ? Must not have had seat belts in the car.

John Poulos

Well it probably wouldnt have happened if he was sober either.....

Reply to
Studebaker Kid

Nice comment, bonehead. It said alcohol was SUSPECTED. Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

My sympathies to the family. It is sad to lose a family member no matter what the circumstances at such an early age.. My son was 17 when he had a 73 yo women pull out in front of him. He survived that accident but some idiot nurse kept yammering on about teenage drivers and here my son was with his face bandaged and one eye covered from an accident that was not his fault. I finally said perhaps she should stop talking or change the subject. She stopped talking.

Second accident not his fault at 21 hit head on by drugged up driver. Airbags shoulder harness did their job. I thank the Lord for he being alive.

Bob Miles

Reply to
bob m

When they post alcohol suspected it is because of all the empties in the back seat........

Reply to
Studebaker Kid

Having seat belts won't always save your life just as not wearing them won't always end your life. I was driving the company van when a young driver pulled in front of me. I drove a 1/2 ton van through his Dodge Omni then we went off the road and over a bank ending up with me sitting in the van on it's nose on top of his car which was upside down. Neither of us was hurt but he was cut up from broken glass. If someone had been belted in the passenger seat of his car they would have died since the passenger seat was only about 5 inches wide after the crash. I was not wearing seat belts and never left the seat. I braced against the floor and steering column which bent but I stayed seated and was unhurt. I have removed the belts from my Studebakers (go ahead, tell me how stupid that was) and will not keep them in any car that doesn't require them. When driving my newer cars I do wear them. Not for safety, just to avoind a fine. I don't have to wear a helmet on my motorcycle anymore in PA as they recinded that law. If I don't need a helmet I shouldn't need seat belts either. You're more likely to die in a motorcycle wreck not wearing a helmet than in a car not wearing seat belts.

Just my opinion...

Steve Grant a.k.a. the Madd Doodler

Reply to
madd_doodler

I have no problem with liberty above all else. Just don't ask, or require, that I have to pay for someone else's hospital bill that was caused (or massively increased) by them not wearing the appropriate safety equipment to operate a piece of machinery. Jeff (As Ron White says...You can't cure stupid...) Rice

I have removed the belts from my Studebakers (go ahead, tell me how

***
Reply to
Jeff Rice

And all the smokers too?

Craig

Reply to
studebaker8

But where will we get all the livers and kidneys we'll be needing as we get older?

Reply to
BobWaitz

Portable units from General Electric, Siemens....and whoever else make a machine that goes "Ping!"

Craig

Reply to
studebaker8

Yep... If they are diagnosed with cancer 'and they smoke'...You bet. Now, to be un-fair... Cancer is just a condition that has been marketed to the hilt. If you live long enough, you will 'get' some kind of cancer.... Your gene's are going to get raggedy as you age....and some doctor will say you have 'it' somewhere's and they will cut it off, or ray gun it, or magnetize it, or something....all for a fee... But... If you play with gasoline and matches, sooner or later... And you can live a perfect life and still get 'it'..... But smoking tobacco is like laying out in the sun....years on end.... WTF do you expect? Driving without seatbelts ranks right up there. Jeff

wrote:...

***
Reply to
Jeff Rice

You might consider sending off all your shirts to Bondo and having him print the belt cross strap on them and save the time you spend putting the belt on.

Karl

Reply to
midlant