Studebaker in the movies

Hi guys, I took my father in law to see the new movie about the six men who raised the US flag on Iwo Jima in WWII. The movie is Flags of Our Fathers and is directed by Clint Eastwood.

My father in law is a really great guy. He is a Marine veteran from the pacific theater and was awarded the Silver Star on Guadalcanal and also participated in the landing on Tawara. Needless to say he has seen enough to fill a book, but wanted to see the movie, so off we went.

The book, Flags of Our Fathers is a great read, and I highly recommend it. The movie was good, but after reading the book the movie the movie seemed somehow incomplete. I recommend seeing the movie first, then reading the book. The movie will prime you for the attention to detail in the book....

At any rate, after the 3 surviving members of the group that raised the flag returned to the US, the story goes on to describe life after Iwo Jima (3 of the 6 were killed on Iwo within a short time after the flag raising). Toward the end of the movie there is a black Lark parked in front of the house of Jack Bradley, the Navy Corpsman that was awarded the Navy Cross for his actions on Iwo. It is unclear if the Lark was owned by Mr. Bradley, but it was certainly parked right in front of the house. Not a lot of air time, but not easy to miss if you have Studebaker blood......

Allen

Reply to
Allen Siekman

The show was over 2 hours long. It would have been an 8-10 hour show had it gone into even half the details brought out in the book.

I guess you need to go back and watch the movie again...and see the bullet-nose Stude...was parked facing the camera with the nose very prominently displayed...also close to the end of the movie.

The black Lark looked like a '63 Hardtop.

Reply to
Loy Daniel