studebaker sighting

today[monday] while in sydney, australia on a business trip i got caught in a rainstorm while walking back to the hotel after a meeting. rather than get soaked i jumped into a cab and while riding down macquarie street i notice a black gt hawk going in the other direction. it had custom drilled aluminum wheels and a slighly bent front tag. the taxi driver said he had seen it as well as other studebakers on a regulat basis. at least some of us are driving our cars! ed

Reply to
edjellis

I think the Aussies are better at driving their Studebakers than we are. We saw more in Melbourne some years ago than we did around home. I took at picture of a '64 Cruiser tooling down the freeway ahead of us just as it passed a sign saying "Stud Road". Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

I drove the T-Cab which ran quite well on a hundred mile round trip. Had to carry a Dodge tranny to FedEx freight in Round Rock which is just north of Austin.

I must say that I'm glad that I don't have to feed the beast on a daily basis anymore though...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire