Studeski to Omaha and back

All my pics are posted now.

click on Omaha,2006

The Hawk ran like a watch. Almost bought one of those too. Next time....

Had a great time. Glad to see who I did see and missed those who couldn't make it.

Got a great deal at the swap meet and wished I had my pickup truck there.

Occifer Dave cut his head on his j-hook on the hood again. I think this is tradition now. If he doesn't do it next time he'll be docked 4 points.

Jerry and Nancy Daniels with their flawless 1937 Dictator. Jerry is a real trooper. As bad as he feels he still comes to the meets. I take my hat off to him.

Two of my favorite people, Buzz and Fran Beckman. Probably the greatest Studebaker people you would ever want to meet.

Bob Palma......I can tell you that the meet was not long enough. I always like to spend an afternoon with Bob to swap lies er stories with. Didn't get a chance.

Don Shelton. Between Don and Bob Palma you don't need anyone else to ask about Studebaker engines.

GT Tim and Terry Frye were great. As much as they put up with me, they deserve an award for that.

Bob Kabchef showed up Wednesday. Always a pleasure to spend time with Bob. One of the most generous Studebaker people around.

Dick Steinkamp and Gord drove in together. Gord wasn't feeling well but pressed on. And I think Dick was a diplomat (not a Dodge) in a former life.

I'm sure I missed a lot of people here. But thanks to everyone for a great meet. At five words per minute, I'm lucky I got this far.

Studeski Claude Chmielewski snipped-for-privacy@netzero.com

Fillmore, Wisconsin

1947 M16 Truck 1962 GT Hawk 1963 Lark 1964 Commander Wagonaire
Reply to
Studeski

Thank YOU, Claude for the great pics on your website! I have a link to that page on our local chapter site. Wish I could have been there. Flew to south FL instead to help a sick dad. Hope to see all in SB next summer!

Reply to
TomNoller

Thank YOU, Claude for the great pics on your website! I have a link to that page on our local chapter site. Wish I could have been there. Flew to south FL instead to help a sick dad. Hope to see all in SB next summer!

Reply to
TomNoller

Claude, one of the best times I can imagine is to walk through the swap and listen to you critique the prices! A good time was had by all, too bad some of us have to work. Also too bad you had to leave on Friday, the dragraces were great! Tim K.

Studeski wrote:

Reply to
GTtim

Ellen took care of Dave's boo-boo, even put a badaid on it :)

Reply to
Bill Glass

Great job as always, Ski!

*SIGH*

Yeah, he's so nice, ya just wanna slap him sometimes.

Reply to
Dave's Place

Yep, Dave had a band-aid on when we judged his car and truck. I thohght he was just fooling to be funny...I guess not!>

Thanks, Claude. Always a good time indeed. No one has mentioned the Friday NGer breakfast at Perkins, where a good time was had by all. Best restaurant pancakes I've ever had, too!

GT Hawks did get a fair shake in judging this year. The Head Judge even commented on that at the Awards Banquet, stating happily that there were two First Place GTs "for the first time in several years." A classic understatement if there ever was one.

Right, Claude: 'Nice to see StudeBob at the "Nats"

Gordon seemed to be a little better later in the week. Did he get home OK? Feeling up to par by now?

Reply to
bobcaripalma

you think he would remember that...

OUCH!!

Reply to
Green Acres is the place to be

You'd think... no argument here!

Yep!

Reply to
Dave's Place

Dave Lester - the Les Nessman of alt.autos.studebaker

Remember WKRP in Cincinatti? If Loni Anderson was not on the screen you would be able to notice Les and he ALWAYS had a bandaid visible somewhere.

I loved his imaginary office.

I worked at a radio station for a few months - it REALLY WAS like WKRP.

Mark (no bandaids this week) Dunning

Reply to
Mark Dunning

Thanks for your thoughts, Bob.

I did make it home Ok, but I still have the bug that's been plagueing me. Should get the results of the blood cultures tomorrow or Friday.

Taking it easy, now.

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond