Texas bargain

I have no dealer nearby:

John Poulos

That's located in the Dallas area. The description is sort of bare bones...

JT

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Whata cha talkin bout? I'm only 5 hours away from Garland TX!

Reply to
Loy Daniel

Just a pleasant morning drive for those of us used to driving long distances and never leaving the state!

Loy - If you don't go to Garland, come on down to the Fredricksburg Swap Meet tomorrow!

JT - Are you going to the chapter meeting tomorrow at the Fredricksburg Swap Meet? Meeting time is 10am under the SDC tent on the fenceline (I think it's to the north east of the pavillion, toward the landing strip).

Tony!! Are you getting the chapter newsletter so that you know about the chapter "news" and meeting schedule? Did you get your truck back in running order so that you can attend? Bring photos of that GT Hawk...I want an update on the progress of my old baby!

Bob (and don't forget your hat...it's gonna be HOT out there! )

Loy Daniel wrote:

Reply to
Bigbob62

I'm stuck in Cedar Creek. (I wouldn't dare show up in my Honda)

Though I finally got the truck running again, I have to find a rebuildable carb (so that I can have power brakes). Also, the inspection ran out and I have to get some sort of horn working. But that suckah sure sounds better than it has in years with the new head! I expect that it will do a lot better than 10 mpg as well.

BTW, ain't there a Federicksburg thing toward the end of August?

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

The lady says it is a Daytona, has a V-6--she was very definite not the original engine, but didn't know what V-6. Some rust in the floor, runs but they have a hard time getting it worked on. Seats OK, not torn but faded. Heater works but AC does not cool. Has power steering, not sure about power brakes.

THERE!!

John

Reply to
fieronut

Well...You missed the Stude! Whats matter with your camera viewfinder, JT? You didn't even get close to Garland with the picture.

Reply to
Loy Daniel

My advice based on the description below is to pass as it sounds like a can o' worms waiting to be opened candidate. I have a problem of knowing when to stop when someone else is paying the "freight." Also, the shops that I occasionally share space in are full not to mention that I have to "finish" the truck for resale in the fall.

I really don't think that it's a good candidate for profit..

JT

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Reply to
John Poulos

Where does he live?

My comments were based on Texas being the world's center for hucksters. I've seen some really bad deals take place down in these heeyah parts...

JT

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I have driven a $750 car from garland to here.... piece of cake

wish I had the cash for this one

Reply to
betrtimes

From what I have seen and experienced in Texas, this deal passing you by was actually good karma...