Transtar will turn a milesone today

My Transtar turned 50 this year like me but I turn 5O much earlier in the year. And now the Transtar on the way home is going to turn over 100,000 miles. Only 8 miles to the big event and if road timing is right I will be snapping pictures of the last tenth of a mile along with it's new first tenth of a mile. To celebrate I'm going to change it oil, give it a bath and take it to a Nude Car Show on Sunday! I'll even have a couple beer to celebrate myself. I wonder how many miles are on me? The Transtar sure does look nice, but it should with only 2000 per year aveage. Pictures will come but not of the car show. . . cameras are not allowed!

Reply to
Rick Courtier

I hope nobody has black vinyl seats in their car.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Ooh, that was a mental image I did not need.

nate

(family hawler as a kid was a '67 Cutlass with... you guessed it... at least > I hope nobody has black vinyl seats in their car.

Reply to
N8N

Others are Nake, Not Me! Hell, I don't even have mirrors in my house. . . I don't want to see some fat red head naked!

Reply to
Rick Courtier

In my college days we used to have a "zero party" when one of our clunkers rolled over. The owner had to get the odo close and then drive it around the block until it went to all zeros. Was a good excuse to have a party...one beer would be ceremoniously "sacrificed" over the car. Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Happy Birthday to all 56 Studebakers. Since the new speedometer we turned 1000 miles. For the last 17 yrs, according to odometer car never moved. Did discover I need a new gizmo for speedometer cable. at

70mph GPS says 62.3 mph. .......... might be tire size too.

BG

Reply to
Bill Glass

Congrats..

I hit a number on Wednesday, too....

10,000 miles on the CE since South Bend 2002 (yawn) So to celebrate, I ran it out of gas yesterday. Oh, being the curious guy that I am, I wanted to KNOW how far I could go on a tankful. So I put a 1 gallon can of gas (with about a half gallon of gas in it) in the back and decided to see how far I could go. I was driving to Tractor Supply for some stuff yesterday and it did a teeny little hiccup. I was pointed toward a gas station (about 5 miles) so we went directly there. Truck went another mile and shut itself off. Of all the nerve! Coasted to a convenient turn off (bif shaded driveway) and went to turn in... UGH! Man, am I spoiled with power steering and power disc brakes. Anywhoo.... Poured the gallon into the tank and gave a shot to the carb. Fired right up... and promptly quit. Dribbled a bit more in the carb.. Tried again...same result. Cranked it a bit and decided not to run the bateery down. Didn't have my cell phone, either. Walked over to the close by recycle center and called the house. Wife was outside. Just then a neighbor of mine (who I have not yet met) drove in with his '48 Ford pickup street rod. I intro'd myself and off we went to get some more gas. Added a second gallon and a dribble more in the carb. Fired right up and ran fine. Mad? Maybe a little...at myself. But I made a new friend through mild, painless advesity. That was worth it. And now I know my range in the truck...down to the mile Jeff ( second Studebaker I have run out of gas in. Last one was in 1961) Rice
Reply to
Jeff Rice

The Transtar when to all 000000.0 at home in my drive way very weird.

Reply to
Rick Courtier

The transtar went to all 000000.0 right in my drive at the house. . .I'm just very stupid and a little piss off this morning, Damn gas tank blues

Reply to
Rick Courtier