Trunk lock housing needed for 1962 Lark

Hello. I am looking for a trunk lock housing for my wife's '62 Lark. Studebaker International doesn't have this in stock, so I'm hoping to find someone with a used one I can buy.

The part number in the Studebaker International catalog is 1343046. According to the catalog, this particular part only fits 1962-1963 Larks.

I've posted this to several Yahoo Groups but have had no positive response thus far, except from a guy who needs two of these for his cars. Any help is appreciated as my wife wants to get her car back on the road.

Thanks!

Cliff

Reply to
cmills2

Pat Drnec

Pat,

Thanks for the reply. I just checked with Sasco and was told that they are currently out-of-stock, but that they are hoping to have more soon. Unless I find one somewhere else, I'm going to keep checking with them until they have it.

Thanks again.

Cliff

fits:

cmills2

Cliff

I repaired mine about 10 years ago. It was supposed to be temporary, but now it became permanent. I used part of a repair link from a motorcycle chain (The figure 8 portion). I drilled and tapped the broken lock portion and used a screw to retain the link. Then I put a long threaded screw, through the other end of the link and fastened it with a nut. From there I bent the screw to approximate the actuating arm shape. Lastly I slipped a piece of vacuum hose over the bent screw, to make it thicker. As I went, I locktited everything together. The screw head at the lock needed to be filed thin, to clear the trunk latch once installed.

Reply to
keith_kichefski