trying the 'webshots' thing

Jerry,

That's looking great!

What all is Leo "getting"?

Reply to
Georgia Studebaker

'86 Vette Tuned Port 350.

5 speed manual tranny. S-10 rear axle with 4.56 gears. 205-65R15 front tires on 7" wheels. 255-70R15 rear tires on 8 1/2" wheels. Winged Hawk dash. Jim Turner front disc brakes. and lots more.

Jerry Forrester

Also, Leo is getting '53 hood, grills, and bumper. I am thinking about not using any front bumper brackets. Cut & weld the bumper so that it fits the sheet metal just right, chrome plate it and mount it to the sheet metal using spacers. After all, no one uses bumpers for bumping anymore.

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

Wow, Jerr-

Whatcha got goin' on the side???

What ratio rear came out? If it's a 3.07, I GOT DIBS!

Reply to
Georgia Studebaker

the car was originally an OD car, so my money is on 3.92 or higher.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Today is NOT your lucky day Dave. When I got the car from JP the rear end was a 4.27 (i think) and sounded like a banshi. BTW, I knew that before the purchase. I wanted to drive it down to Lake Mary, Fa for the '02 meet. At the time the only extra rear axle I had availble was a

4.27 Dana 27 or some light duty POS like that. I installed that and drove it with that rear end (taking it easy) for about a year before building and installing the 4.56 S-10 rear end. The S-10 rear end only measures 48 inchs between the backing plates and lets you run 8 1/2 wide wheels under a C-K. Also, when you have a 4.56 rear end and put the tranny in OD, it's just like having a 3.19 ratio.

thanks, Jerry

BTW, if anybody needs the rear end I pulled out of Leo it's yours for the ask> Wow, Jerr-

Reply to
forr62

You drove Leo n8. You should remember what that rear end sounded like. That's why I didn't come up to Md. and drive it back home.

We didn't get down to your tail light housing yet, but I am pretty sure we are going to be able to run it.

thanks, Jerry

Nate Nagel wrote:

Reply to
forr62

I don't think I ever got over 40 MPH, so I didn't notice. That and I was out of practice driving a column shift, so I was concentrating on not rolling to a stop before I could find second :)

cool! just let me know... not in any particular hurry (oops, I remember what happened the last time I said that to a chrome guy - not Jerry, just for the record...) just was curious if I needed to keep an eye out for another one or not. If it comes out OK I'll probably swap it in and then send you the better of the two that are on the car. (the worse of the two is probably unfixable, it's bent and broken in several different ways...)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel