TSP

Does Tri sodium phosphate Kill Rust? Im working on a project (car) and I have yet to find phosphoric acid, but Have found A box of Trisodium phosphate. If I grind the rust off to bear metal, then apply the TSP will it kill the remaing miniture particles of rust?

Reply to
the_lower_class_brat

no..

go to your local flaps and ask for 'METAL PREP', for the use in the auto body shop..

its a green liquid.. read the details..

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

Or Home depot and get a phosphor rust neutralizer in the paint department a green color liquid in a gallon jug and spray on and keep it wet with the stuff for a few hours and then hose off or use the POR15 metal prep. I also got some stuff called Rust X or Rust Doctor that I used not long ago that is a milky latex stuff that stands up over 300 degrees and when applied with jus a couple of coat turns the rust and metal turns black. Seem to work great. Used it on my Sky Hawk Exhaust system then aluminum coated it.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtier

No! What are the first to words of TSP... Sodium!....SALT!

"the_lower_class_brat" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

I used sodium (baking soda) to remove paint as a media for blasting. Now you tell me it's not good for metal. . . I guess I better throw some salt over my shoulder. But I don't salt down my beer to get head.

Reply to
Rick Courtier

baking soda.. which is NOT TSP, makes a GREAT media blaster..far better than sand in fact as far as metal body panels.. and it does NOT hurt metal in that use..

--Shiva--

Reply to
me