upper radiator hose

Looking for a part # or application for a upper radiator hose. 54 coupe with a late 289, 2 bolt t-stat housing. The radiator is the original 54 design. Thanks Russ

Reply to
rustynutgarage

You can bolt the early housing onto the late manifold. I had Jeff R. make me a little adapter plate to make it work as there is a very thin area where the two surfaces barely overlap if you don't use it. If you use the early (Chrysler) thermostat you could make the adapter plate yourself with a drill press and hole saw, I wanted to get fancy and have him cut a groove in it so I could use the Chevy style thermostat that you can get at every FLAPS. Just make yourself a thin steel or aluminum plate with a hole in the middle the same size as the hole in the late neck, then drill the 4 bolt pattern for the early neck, set the Chrysler style thermostat above the plate when you assemble.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel