Water Pump

Should the hole in a late model V8 water pump face up down or does it even matter? I have seen them installed both ways. Its not like you can put oil in the hole with the pulley installed anyways.

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

Down. It's there so that if the seal fails it can let water drain out so you have an early warning that the WP is about to fail, and also so that while you're limping home the bearing only has a little water in it as opposed to being completely full.

good luck,

nate

Reply to
N8N

Unless you're loaded with options, it's the easiest water pump to change of any car I've worked on. (Try the German Ford V6, as used in Capri / pinto.)

Karl

N8N wrote:

Reply to
midlant