Water pump rebuilder?

I have 6 or 7 old V8 water pumps, can anyone recommend a rebuilder?

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Autozone does the V8 pumps with your old cores. (about $45)

Pat Drnec wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Reply to
rustynutgarage

Phoenix

California: Water Pump Rebuilders

12901 Crenshaw Blvd Hawthorne, CA 90250-5511 (310) 676-4995

begin 666 view_map_yellow.gif M1TE&.#EA-P`,`*($`,C(A&9F9@```/_B5P```````````````"'Y! $```0` M+ `````W``P```-D"+K[F>OV,%UX/",S)A#3;RUD

Reply to
Mark Dunning

Thanks to everybody who replied - I figure it's better to get originals rebuilt, have heard too many tales of not-quite-right repops.

Mark Dunn> Phoenix

Reply to
Pat Drnec

check the clearance per the shop manual, I've heard tell of pumps coming through (not sure if they are originals or all new) with the impeller pressed on incorrectly, they can be adjusted with a decent gear puller though.

nate

Pat Drnec wrote:

Reply to
N8N

The current crop of new pumps are as good or better than the originals. I sent a load of water pumps to Mark Frank @ M&D Studebaker in Lorena, TX a couple of years ago, and he did a good job on them for a reasonable price. His machine shop is the place to go in Texas for Studebaker engine work.

-- Barry'd in Studes

58 Packard Hawk 40 President 39 Coupe Exp. 59 DeLuxe 1/2 tn. 56 Packard "400"
Reply to
Barry

Reply to
Chuck Collins