WAY OFF TOPIC

Bill I am in the custom audio video business. We deal with HDTV every day. Monster cables are a SAFE way to go if money is no object. However Monster Cable has a name that you pay a premium for. We sell HDMI cables for about 1/2 of what monster wants. I always offer the customer a choice. My cables at x dollors or Monster at twice the price. People buy both. I cannot see (or hear) the differance. My distributers tell me that highly sophisticated test equipment will prove that Monster is best, but 99.9% of the people cannot hear or see the differance.

Reply to
Paul

No offense intended to you in any way, Paul, but your distributors are full of it. They want to sell the items with the biggest markup. That's Monster Cable and similiar lines.

Chip

Reply to
cjdaytonjrnospam

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Yes, and that business is about huge markups on accessories. I'm not in the business, but have been involved in it as a consumer over 30 years. I use my experience to guide me, not someone that is trying to make money off of me. Again, no offense to Paul. This is just the way that I see it.

Chip

Reply to
cjdaytonjrnospam

Just read an article about Circuit City firing about 3500 of it's workers.

Not just any workers, but just the high priced ones. They are being offered their same jobs back, but at a lower pay scale. Management calls it a payroll cost reduction plan. Caterpillar was also cited for instituting a similar program.

Yes, and that business is about huge markups on accessories.

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Welcome to the new America... where the only people that count are stockholders.

And you know there are some executives within Circuit City who will receive multi-millon dollar bonuses for reducing payroll expenses.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

That's how I quit my auto parts sales job, they intended to cut my territory in half because I was making "too much money" I was replaced by two idiots that lost them about 30% of their business, but a 6% commission of on 700K of sales was less then my 6% of a million. Of course the 140K in profit they lost sorta offset the 18K they saved on my salary. that. I think the same thing may happen at Circuit City since I prefer to shop there instead of Best Buy because of the sales help.

Jeff Rice wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Reply to