Way OT: This is pretty incredible

On Jun 13, 5:58?pm, "Lee Aanderud" wrote: I'm not a fan of these competition shows or reality television, but I think this caught everyone off hand.

Lee - thanks for the link. Guy has an amazing voice. Will be interesting to follow this one. Gave me goose bumps!

Rich

Richard Morris Renton, WA

1964 Avanti R-1 #5367 1990 Avanti 4-door #78 - now with an incredible 383 TPI
Reply to
Rich

Wow! Simply awesome.

Brooksie

Reply to
Brooksie

Being a lurker here and a former Studebaker owner, a former subscriber to Turning Wheels, a guy who heard Jussi Bjoerling sing in 1957, and a guy who has attended eight Metropolitan Opera performances, I was thrilled by the reaction of the audience.

It was encouraging to see that they understand that there is more to the world of singing than the undisciplined "interpretive" singing that is in fashion today and much more than the "hollow log" thumping that is called [c]Rap.

Stewart

Reply to
Stewart Schooley

Amazing! Simon Cowell is NOT wearing black, but pale green.

(the singer is good stuff, too)

Reply to
zoombot

And, he was actually praised the singer. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Hello Stewart,

You will have to give us more credit and have faith that we know more music than you thought...I hear classical music everyday in many many places as do many others here...A movie could not give half the fun without it playing in the background..

With just the training Paul has now he has a gift to stand on a stage and touch millions of people with his voice and move them to tears of joy...There are few born that have that talent and voice but he was one in my opinion...

Now the one man with a singing voice that died and can't ever be replaced, is the Legendary Roy Orbison...What a talent we lost...He was a very gentle humble kind so cool man...He wrote the words, setup the music to play them, then sang them in a way they still touch you today as they did 40 years ago...

So Stewart the world is full of great people that will step up and suprise you...That's what gives the evil going on in the world a push back into some balance...Some go out and even save a Stude...The doing which keeps the persons edge sharp as well...

Now Lee, I thank you as well for sharing that video...It was great...

Lansing

To e-mail me remove the X from my E - address...

Reply to
Lansing Small

There's a problem with wearing black?

nate

(it's the color of choice for the fashion impaired; it goes with everything!)

Reply to
Nate Nagel

True dat! The Big "O" was and remains a favourite. I used to go to his concerts every year when he would come to Vancouver, BC in November. The number of times his voice pinned me to my seat I can't remember. His first "Best Of" was my first LP (which I still have). I've seen him in concert several dozen times since 1962 or so and we saw him in July 1988 here in Calgary, just a few months before he passed. He didn't have a stage presence per se (neither did Elvis really) but he was electrifying (as was Elvis). I will never forget him (or Elvis).

Brooksie

Reply to
Brooksie

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Lansing, I've decided to take exception to your comment. My comment wasn't about anyone except those in the audience of that particular kind of TV show.

In my first paragraph I was simply trying to establish some credentials for being here and posting here, plus I wanted to show that I have had some experience with Opera.

I am well aware that that people in the hobby newsgroups represent a broad base of intelligence and knowledge in a large variety of subjects. My main groups are antique radios, woodworking, scale models, and bread baking. As in this group, I find interesting people in all those groups.

Ok, so each group has a few deadheads, but that's life.

Stewart

Reply to
Stewart Schooley

Reply to
Pat Drnec

I'm not a fan of these competition shows or reality television, but I think this caught everyone off hand.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Sorry Stewart ...I did not mean that in a bad way what I said...I enjoyed your comments and agree with them...Just I never saw you before on here and I read this group daily...I was just watching Roy Orbison on youtube videos just before I saw the one in question and was moved to add some views on Roy as well...

And your are so right that every group does have a few dickheads...opps I meant deadheads...I could be one at times