We Made It Again: Hot Rod magazine!

Link to this topic on the Stude NG so I don't have to retype the whole thing! BP:

bobcaripalma

bob

I need to teach you to cut and paste

Team Studebaker's Drag Racing exploits have been written up nicely, with two photographs of The Plain Brown Wrapper, in the December 2006 Hot Rod.

'Just pulled my subscriber's edition out of the mailbox. The front cover screams, "World's Fastest Musclecars!" with a photo of a stocker 1970 Hemi 'cuda comin' at ya. Inside coverage includes a feature article on the June 2006 F.A.S.T. / Pure Stock Combination Event at The Martin MI Dragway, where we took both The Tomato and The Plain Brown Wrapper...and, of course, Ted Harbit to drive!

On Page 3 of the 6-page, full-color report is a nice photo of The PBW leaving the line, and a side photo of the R3's engine compartment. The material is boxed and uses about a third of the page! The car's best of

13.16 ET and 108 MPH is highlighted...and that was in oppresive mid-90s heat all day. (The car has routinely turned in the twelves at the more temperature-hospitable Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race in mid-September.)

Hot Rod's caption is actually accurate, and mentions the car being piloted by Ted Harbit, "Eight-Time NHRA Stock National Champion." It does say George Krem, "bought the car new in August 1964 [true], ...months before the company shut down operations for good." Well, that is sorta true!

It will likely be a few weeks before the December 2006 Hot Rod is on newsstands, but it will be worth looking for.

(Personally, I'm wondering if it can get any better than this! Many of us have waited over 40 years for additional, positive Studebaker muscle car exposure in Hot Rod...even longer than we waited for the new Studebaker National Museum! ) BP

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Highlight area CTRL-C = Copy CTRL-V = Paste

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Here's how to cut and paste text:

Left click your mouse to highlight and drag over the text you want to "cut" from there and hit "control C " ( That stores it for you)

The hit control V to paste here. (That dumps it)

try it.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Yeah, John, but you don't get all the neat smilies, italics, and bold-face graphics when it comes over here as a cut-and-paste. We're talking presentation, here.... BP

Reply to
bobcaripalma

Cool beans!

Now, I gotta buy another Hot Rod, since I don't subscribe.

Go, guys, go!

I never knew anybody famous before!

Dave Lester

Reply to
Dave's Place www.davesplaceinc

Funny thing is, Dave,

I had never subscribed to Hot Rod until they sent "a deal I couldn't refuse" off some car-person-oriented mailing list where they got my name last spring. Get this: TWENTY-FOUR issues of Hot Rod PLUS a free Hot Rod cap (and it's a nice one, too!) all for only $15 if I sent in payment with the order...FIFTEEN bucks! The hat is worth at least $5 anywhere, leaving $10 for 24 magazines...well under 50 cents an issue, delivered via U.S.Mail.

Then, no sooner had I subscribed, but the second issue I received as a subscriber had the Ted Harbit/Chicken Hawk feature...and now this. That's two copies I would have bought off the newsstand anyhow for $4 apiece, plus tax...and there are still about 16 issues to come! Who knows what might be in them....

Moral of the Story: Sometimes, it pays to open and read junk mail. BP

Dave's Place www.davesplace> Cool beans!

Reply to
bobcaripalma