Weak spark at coil, none at plugs! HELP!

I am having no luck getting my '63 Cruiser started. I have a weak spark at the coil and none at the plugs. I replace the coil with no change. I have a
T-Bolt EI. All of the other wires seem fine. Maybe it's the control box? HELP!!!
Chip
Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
Could be, I used to carry a spare MOPAR box. Was the car running once, or is this a new issue ?
snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote:

--
JP/Maryland
Studebaker On the Net http://stude.com

Chip
Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
Try using a pencil eraser on all contacts in the high voltage side or sand paper on the cap contacts. Time does an excellent job on oxidizing contacts made of brass.

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 23:28:07 GMT, you wrote:

FINE sand paper and 'dress the points..or it wont start --Shiva--
noboddyhomme@ youwish you knew.not wrote:

I would do that but I have no points. It's an electronic ignition.
Chip
Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
Did you bypass the pink resistor wire (COMPLETELY) in the ignition system?
Ray
snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote:

Yup. That's the one that is originally on the ballast resistor, yes?
Chip

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
Could the ballast resistor be the problem?
Chip
snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote:

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
Does it still have a condensor? I had one go bad a few months ago and heard of a couple of others going bad about the same time.
On 29 Apr 2006 02:43:12 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote:

Richard Lawler
'57 1/2 ton Transtar '51 2dr Champion
On 29 Apr 2006 02:43:12 GMT, you wrote:

electronic ignitions dont NEED ballast resistors..usually.
--Shiva--
noboddyhomme@ youwish you knew.not wrote:

This one came with it from Dave T-Bolt.
Chip
Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
I didn't think the EI had to have a ballast resistor. If yours is still in-line, it could be the problem. Also... (and I don't know WHY it does this) You must remove the pink-wire from the system completely... disconnected at the ignition switch (or junction block on Hawks w/tach). Don't leave it wired-up, thinking the juice is going to flow through the "other" wire instead. It's OK to leave the coil-end connected to the green-w/black tracer solenoid bypass wire. I had the same trouble with my '61 Hawk, and later a '63 Wagon. I used the Petronix in the '61. I just "added" an extra wire to power the coil... without disconnecting the pink resistor wire. It still didn't start easily.
I "heard" that if you turn your Petronix equipped ignition on and wait 5-seconds before starting, it will fire better. It certainly works on our car. It does "seem" to start much quicker. I know Dave's system isn't a Petronix... but you might try that also.
Ray
Studeman wrote:

It has a resistor, but you must not use the factory pink wire.
Studeman wrote:

--
JP/Maryland
Studebaker On the Net http://stude.com

unit in the distributor is a common failure. You might make sure everything in the head of the distributor is clean. Paul Johnson