Wednesday Follies... (rant)

(dateline: Lunchtime Wednesday) Well...... Today 'was' the day for all three of the PODS to get picked up so we would be out for closing tomorrow.. "Was' is the operative word here.. Seems the buyers got a quote on their homeowners insurance from State Farm that knocked the wind out of their sails.. So they asked us (through their agent) who we were using for our homeowners insurance. We told them and they contacted them and everything is hunky dory (sp?).. But noooooooo... Seems they have to sign the insurance papers 'in person' for the insurance to take affect. They are up in some other state and were afraid to come down for the huge storm that all the TV jerks are hyping. Their lender will not allow financing without insurance, so the closing had to be postponed. All that for a storm that never was (thanks TV/Radio)... And the title places all shut down because there will be no real estate closings in the state during a 'named' storm. (I think there is a conspiracy to have an extended Labor day weekend)... Sooooooo.. My closing has been put off until next Tuesday. No big deal, right? Except the PDS pickup has to be rearranged.. The closing date on the new place has to be rearranged. The power cutoff has to be postponed. The mail cutoff has to be rearranged. The phone turn off has to be postponed. The animals have to be rescheduled for boarding and transportation. PO'd? No, not really.. I told the buyers agent that a rescheduled closing would be OK if they would pay for my motel room for the 5 days (as my clothes and bedding are on the road)... But Noooooo.. The buyers aren't willing to pay (and neither are the buyers and sellers agents). They all climbed right in behind the 'Act of God' weather excuse. Now THAT pissed me off... Freaking agent is making 30 some grand on this deal and he is going to see it get morked up over $500... Total idiocy and insincerity at it's worst. But... On the bright side... Packing the PODS and trailers just became a whole lot easier. We even washed up and went out to dinner last night. I had three Long Island Ice Tea's that definitely helped my aches, pains, and vicious attitude. Finished loading the shop POD this morning. Left a space for the horse stuff, as we can't pack that until just before closing. Had a small, but noisy shop incident this morning. Was moving the air compressor over to the POD and the hand truck base broke off the drain bung and the base slid off and the whole thing shot off the hand truck and laid down on it's side. I just let it go and walked out of the shop. Bad part was it had 120 psi of air in it and it was REAL LOUD for a few minutes. Picked it back up and stuffed it in ok... More later... Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Exactly 15 years ago: Signed closing papers on Wednesday for our San Jose house. Mover came on Thursday afternoon to take our stuff to off to England. Drove off 2PM

3 PM, our agent calls and tells us that the "buyer" had been listing debts as assets. His aunt was even his agent.

About the same time, another couple was buying a house. The owner refused to tie into the (newish) sewer system, as required by law. After a weeks, they saw and bought our place.

Hang in there, Jeff.

Karl

Jeff Rice wrote:

Reply to