Weird week..

Spent one day this week planting plants..didn't touch a wrench or even SEE a Studebaker...didn't even DRIVE 'cept for moving the truck from the back yard to the front... Got payment for the latest parts car off and then decided to tear down a 289 I had laying around...it was stuck but didn't look bad. Pulled the heads and three pistons have cracked tops from what appears to be rust...phoey...will have to chisel them out.... Guy calls me with a Graham Hollywood...three times...he is coming to the shop to see if I have any ideas about the brakes that he has "updated"...the car doesn't stop real well... he finally aborts for now as he can't get it started. Hawk started making a funny light knocking noise from the front end...and the rear brakes were getting hot. Up in the air and found a large piece of limb wedged in between the body and the emergency brake cable. Looked all over the front end and found a slightly loose center pin..but nothing else. Drove the car home and no more noise...until I got a block from the house. Phoey again...turn up the stereo... Machine shop calls me and asks why I haven't called them back with some specs...I never got a call ASKING for them... The old house (that's right, STILL HAVEN'T SOLD THE THING!) is slated to close in less than two weeks. Realtor calls and says the appraisal is done and everything looks on target...maybe this (the fourth) contract will be the last...carrying two houses really screwed up my summer.... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

mbstude

Reply to
Studebaker George

"What a great idea! Tomorrow it goes for a LONG ride..."

HOORAY!!! That car deserves to be driven. So, DRIVE it!

Matthew

Studebaker George wrote:

Reply to
mbstude