Welcome to the STUDEBAKER News Group.......

PLEASE dont be a Dickhead. Please also be advised reading some OT posts will be minutes or hours of your life you wil never get back!! Now have a nice day!!!!

Reply to
Champ TruckingCompny

Who died and put you in charge?

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Don't worry, he's not trying to be your boss, he's just trying to keep the Dickhead count from growing, you are still the head guy for that group.

Lee Aanderud wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

I'm glad we're taking orders from someone who now has a total of 14 posts to the newsgroup. Maybe the two of you can save this sinking ship. Thanks for the honor of being head Dickhead, I can't help but thank all the people like yourself that helped me arrive at this position.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Well, a regular poster making a personal slam at a infrequent poster helps "sink the ship". I'll take your advice and block you so I can at least listen to the orchestra as we slide beneath the waves.

Lee Aanderud wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Hardest thing in life is for some to learn when the f*ck to shut up...

Lee, You have crossed over into troll land for sure.. Who the Hell cares how many post's someone has? You are proving that quantity is no cure for quality. Lighten up. Jeff

"Lee Aanderud" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Thanks for your input.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Reply to
Pat Drnec

I am not in charge,nor am I calling anyone a DICKHEAD. I was merely trying a small attempt at humor ,considering all the OT flamewars I have wasted time reading.Yeah,I know all about not reading it if its OT.SOMETIMES its worth a look,kinda like glancing out the window at the neighbors and catching Mrs,Cleaver undressing in front of the bedroom window! Besides,I figured OCF or Jeff R might be tired of typing the unofficial NG mantra (as I understand it) themselves,so it was my small contribution to saving them the frustrations of carpal-tunnel syndrom. So anyways,have you checked any truck magazines for articles on bagging your 65 Chebbie?

Reply to
Champ TruckingCompny

Lee already has the "d*****ad" position sewn up, at least according to JP, but the "Village idiot" position is still up for grabs, though you may have some pretty tough competition from other members of the CA delegation, Pat!

BH

Reply to
Barry

Reply to
Transtar60

Are you running for the position?

Dave Lester

Reply to
Dave's Place www.davesplaceinc

Dave, Well, you Sir, must have sent all that moisture to Indy! We got about 12" here at the house, a bit further North, it was 18" ! We had the snow/sleet/freezing rain all day Tuesday and Wednesday! We have BIG piles of the white stuff in the lot at work! Great for business, but not all at once! No problems here at the house, other then running out of places to pile it up.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Turner

As compared to other parts of the nation, things here are pretty slack!

I wonder how Bondo and our other friends in that area are doing.

We just had the 10th (recorded) "wettest" January. While the snow/ice/sleet was problematic, the resulting moisture gives hope that the long term drought we have been suffering through might break.

Lows in the teens, and highs in the twenties are predicted for the next couple of days. We may get 1" of snow tonight/tomorrow, which will be nothing more than a nuisance. The good news (as it stands now) is that ice is not expected.

Below average temperatures and above average moisture seems to be the theme this year. At this point, it's just depressing, but not unbearable.

Thanks fer askin'!

How are things out your way?

Reply to
Dave Lester

Cold snowy(but not deep around here). Saw an amazing video on one of the Louisville TV stations of a Kentucky State Police cruiser just south of Cincinnati somewhere on an icy covered interstate, I think I71. His cruiser got hit 3 times within two minutes. He was out checking a previous wreck, left his dash cam on.

1st hit spun the cruiser around 180 degrees. 2nd hit was a Fedex freight tractor trailer with two trailers pushing a little red car into the cruiser. 3rd hit was another truck. He had a bad night! But no serious >> Hey Dave has the weather out there slacked off??
Reply to
Transtar60

We, the people of lower Texas know that you got what you deserved and further, we demand that you take the sub-freezing temperatures back where they belong.

Yesterday's high of 43° was lower than the normal low of 44°.

If you fail to fulfill your duty, you will be hearing from my cuz Guido!

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Tell 'em, JT. We are expecting temps iin the 20's here tonight, and don't need it.

Reply to
Barry

It's 40° right now and will also probably hit 20° and I tell ya, I don't like it one bit!

I just discovered my ol' east coast long unnerwhar 'n insulated work boots from my shipbuilding days. I nevah tot Ah'd see the day...

JT

Barry wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Well! Just send Ole' Guido up here! If you think 43 is cold, HA! until 2 days ago, we wuz below freezing for almost 2 weeks! The snow piles at the shop are in the 6' range, I watched the sales manager "bury" an old Nissan in the snow, that was AFTER he ripped off the front bumper with the plow!

Had a customer come yesterday morning to get his Honda, we'd moved everything in the shop so the lot would get plowed. Had to have the plow "make" a road for the Honda, the drifts behind the shop door were about 4'. I'm planning on sending the 0 degrees right down towards you JT! This "global warming" is sure not here in Indiana this year!

Jim

Reply to
Jim Turner

Jim, Jim, Jim. You can't say stuff that appears to deny global warming without having Al Gore or David Suzuki or Nicholas Stern or a whole gang of environmentalists come for your a$$. Just because winter has visited the northern climes with vicious cold, snow and ice storms is no reason to doubt official science. Now, go stand in the corner and sin no more...

Brooksie (was -25C here in Calgary until this week when a lovely Chinook is coming off the Rocks and encouraging Bermuda shorts as a haberdashery statement)

Reply to
Brooksie