Where does this guy get these cars?

This one is magic! It turns from that nice $7200 '51 convertible into a $9500 '60 Impala right before your eyes!

This guy is SOOOO stupid! But where does he get these seemingly valid ebay accounts? He has a different one for each auction.

But, hey, it's "...money in the bank..."

John

Reply to
johnnywiffer

That's an easy one, John. He is "phishing". When an eBay user clicks on one his auctions, and falls for the phishing scam of "logging in" to bid, then the perp has now stolen another legitimate eBay account.

If you have ever been directed to a "log in" page from one of this guy's auctions, and have actually entered your username and password in his spoof page, you can assume your eBay account is compromised. I'd suggest you go directly to eBay, from a bookmark in your browser, NOT A 3RD PARTY LINK, and change your password. Right now.!!

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond

Not with this guy, he has a template over the ebay page that directs all clicks to his e-mail. He must get them from e-mail phishes.

Gord>> > CONV-STREET-ROD-

his auctions,

bookmark in your

Reply to
John Poulos

his auctions,

bookmark in your

Gordo,

I have only sent him e-mails but never bid on his cars. He has my e- mail address but I doubt that would do him much good. All his auctions look the same, so I just look at the pix but don't bid.

John

Reply to
johnnywiffer

his auctions,