Wiper speed.

I seldom drive in the rain, (The import fees are too high.) but when I do the wipers sort of meander across the glass on high speed. On low speed, thay lose the race to ants.

How long should a full wipe on a '64 Commander take. Answer can be given either for on wet window or wipers held off glass.

Karl

Reply to
midlant

You don't have vacuum wipers, so the speed on low AND high should be comparable to a modern vehicle. Mine work fine (65 Cruiser)

Mark

65 Cruiser
snipped-for-privacy@earthl> I seldom drive in the rain, (The import fees are too high.) but when I
Reply to
Mark Anderson

Reply to
Pat Drnec

If you find you need a new wiper motor I was able to get one for my 63 Daytona recently from SASCO NOS so they are available. It is pretty too! If interested, my used one is available. It works fine, I was just going for show under the hood.

Pat Drnec wrote:

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

I may take uyou up on that, Michael (How come no one mentioned checking for bad grounds?) I just thought of it when on mt e PC - haven't done any trouble-shooting at all.

Karl

Michael - Roseland FL wrote:

Reply to
midlant

--------------050404000301030507010204--

Reply to
Studeman

Wiper information is in the body section of the 1959-64 Shop Manual. Specifically, it calls for 80-90 single sweeps per minute on low, and 132-

135 single sweeps on high with a wet windshield or with a paper boot on the blades.
Reply to
Dwain G.

Might be hard to count the number of swipes Dwain! (G)

Dwa> Wiper information is in the body section of the 1959-64 Shop Manual.

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

That's more than 1 sweep per second--that sounds wrong to me.

Mark

65 Cruiser
Wiper information is in the body section of the 1959-64 Shop Manual.
Reply to
Mark Anderson

I should have explained 'single sweep' in the first post, but I let it pass thinking it would be obvious. They are talking about one direction. It could also be called a half-sweep. So you should get half as many full sweeps per minute.

Reply to
Dwain G.

It rained a bit on the way to the museum today and the wiper seems to be to spec, counting - no stop watch. It seems so slow compared to what they are selling today, but better than in the days of the motors that got sucked!.

Karl