Wrenching on the 61

So, I have been putting off pulling the FOM tranny in the 61 Lark, and since the VA has decided I am to go in for surgery on the shoulder/arm on the 25th of this month I figure I better get the tranny pulled and the seals finally swapped out before I was down for 1-3 months. Easy thing to do, right? Well it was, but I spent half of yesterday putting the car up on stands, pulling the rear wheels, taking off the original 49 year old shocks (and cracking my knuckles on nuts that have been covered with 49 years worth of road grime), putting the new shocks on, putting the wheels back on, unhooking the controls from the tranny, and dropping the drive shaft. I then found out I did too much by myself and was in bad shoulder/arm pain the rest of the night. Called a buddy to come over this morning and help. He and my middle kid got the tranny out while I stood and supervised with my arm in a sling. Gunk all cleaned off, seals pulled, new seals and filter in, all back together and torqued to specs. Then momma made him come home. Maybe get her back together tomorrow before I have to go back to work - it would be a nice day to drive her!

Dan

61 Lark VIII Regal
Reply to
Dan Kay