WTB: C-body driver's door window

subject says all, would prefer to get a window with good tinted glass already installed. I managed to completely screw up the track of the one I got from Bob40 at SB earlier this year while attempting to install tinted glass. Not sure what the issue is; I was actually attempting to reuse the original rubber channel (because nobody's repro'd it) so I would have thought it would have slid right in, maybe modern glass is thicker than the original? I don't have an original piece of glass to compare, sadly. I need everything; the glass in the car was cut by a glass shop and I believe is the source of some of my problems as I suspect it is the wrong shape. The lower track is also mangled, so the only piece that I have that is worth anything is the front piece of stainless that holds the "fuzzy" that seals the vent window.

I don't know why this is fighting me so much, I remember replacing one of the door glasses on the 56J, that was a pretty straightforward procedure IIRC.

nate

Reply to
N8N

Forgot to mention, I suspect that my regulator is screwed as well, so if anyone has a good 53-55 C-body driver's door regulator I would buy it just on speculation, because my gut tells me that even if I get the window set to rights it still won't roll up and down straight without a helping hand.

nate

Reply to
N8N

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Let me look,Nate. I think I have a door with all the stuff still in it.

Bob40

Reply to
Bob

Reply to
dwcars

'cause I already screwed it up :( I didn't realize how fragile the bottom rail was; I was tapping it with a rubber mallet with what I thought was firm but not unreasonable force.

nate

dwcars wrote:

Reply to
N8N