York Meet - The Good The Bad The Ugly

Haven't seen anything posted about York Meet? Anyone from group go? How was it? Any details discussions appreciated.

Reply to
avantifromct

It's all here

Reply to
BobJ

I attended for the 1st time in a couple of years. Even though the weather was better than usual, attendance of both vendors and shoppers was noticably off this year. Many indoor spaces were not sold, though I can remember that it had become difficult to obtain an indoor space at one time. I still had a good time, met new people, saw many of the regulars,and found a few good items to buy. While in PA, I toured the American Civil War Museum in Harrisburg before the meet, visited the Antietam national battlefield & cemetery while enjoying picture perfect Spring weather on Sunday, and spent rainyTues going through a warehouse of obsolete auto parts in search of S-P stuff. I took the red-eye out of Harrisburg this morning with a suitcase full of goodies, and a box in the mail. Other things will wait in PA until the Fall for pick-up. I put a few things out on Bill Cathcart's unused space and sold very little, making me glad that I did not invest in the fuel & time to drive up. Since things seem to be shaping up nicely for the Intl., I had hoped for better action at York this time, but I suppose the weakening economy, ebay, and an aging herd of Stude vendors took a toll this year. I hope So Bend will be better. Barry'd in Studes

wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@e23g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Barry

That was you in Bill's spot?

Chip

Reply to
cjdaytonjrnospam

I must confess that remembering faces is not one of my strong points. still looking for one or two. However, Ellen noticed that at both Reedsville and York here attendance has been down, she noticed many new faces.

Another observation madem by neghbor....7 houses from me, was that there was more sheet metal to be had than in the past. His comment to,me was that less cars are being restored now, than in previous years. Not the economy but the simple fact that many more cars are on the road, and sheet metal is not a prime item as it was years ago.Plus some prices were below previous years.

I wonder if Eastwood and Coker particpatin in Yok would pay their expenses and add more public attendance?

BG

Reply to
Bill Glass

Interesting point Bill... With the norman bell curve of an economic cycle running it's course, there should be a 'build lag time' factor for parts being acquired for projects just started. Perhaps due to the cycle, we are seeing a LOT of projects being finished and a lot less new projects being started. Something to ponder... My out-take on York? Less vendor booths. Less cars outside. Less outside vendors. Same old stuff on those tables (some on different tables, but the same old stuff) Same old (older) faces. Some new faces, but not a lot of younger new faces. But, I was only there on Friday, so I missed the biggest part of the show. And besides, what the heck do I know, anyways .. Jeff

Reply to
DEEPNHOCK

Heh... I got "sticker" shock this morning when the radiator shop quoted $387 to recore a three row...

JT

(Getting cardboard sign ready for the corner..)

DEEPNHOCK wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Reply to
Barry

Well, one like it sold for $650 on ebay a couple of years ago and retail prices for the equivalent knock the hell out of a grand...

JT

Barry wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire