York observation.

Every year I go, I run into more people that I want to hang out and BS with, and buy less stuff.

nate

(just got back about half an hour ago.)

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Yea, and three of us tried to get him to bite the bullet and go ahead and fix his friggin driveshaft problem instead of what iffin :)

Reply to
Ron Butts

It's not a money thing or a procrastination thing; it's a time issue. I spend all the time I'm supposed to be doing Studebaker stuff fixing boring cars, grocery shopping, and stupid crap like that. I need to cut that out.

nate

R> Yea, and three of us tried to get him to bite the bullet and go ahead and

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Ditch the girlfriend, all non Stude cars except for the company car and get a goat to cut the lawn this Spring.

You'll be on your way!

JT

Nate Nagel wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I'm still in York (since I'm working in Baltimore this coming week), and had a great time! Three Ohio Region SDC friends came out, as did my sister and her fiance from Greenville, PA, who is rediscovering Studes after having a '56 SkyHawk in his barn for 25 or so years. I bought NOS white Stude accessory mudflaps, just to have a spare set ($15), and NOS red interior door panels for '63 Daytona hardtops and convertibles, for $150 from Phil Brown, which is less than what he was asking in prior years. I really only needed the right side, since I had bought a left from SASCO a few years back (they only had the left), but Phil was understandably reluctant to break the set. I think I did OK.

I was very much in awe of the Bordeaux Red '64 Daytona convertible out in the parking lot. Unusual color interior (not sure what it's called; it's kind of that copper color), but a nice, original car. I had spoken to the owner last time I was out there (about three years back).

I introduced myself to JP and he introduced me to Ed Ellis and another fellow whose name escapes me now, unfortunately. This other fellow has a '63 Daytona like I do, and I threw out my serial number, and his is only 209 V8 serial numbers higher than mine. I've never met a person with a closer serial number to mine (63V-5224).

Saw Bob Palma and Andy Beckman (from the SNM) and would have liked to chat both up a bit more, but Andy was busy working his space and Bob was getting ready to head home.

I'm planning on going down at 2 today to see who won the '52 Champion.

Bill Pressler Kent, OH '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1

Reply to
billslark

Bill,

As always, it was great to have some time to chat with you at York. Can you let us know who the raffle winner is?

Jim Bradley

'64 Daytona HT ?Rerun? snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net Remove HAT to reply

billslark wrote:

Reply to