Zip Van

I have a few questions about a Zip Van, that I believe is a '64. It belongs to Studebaker George, who uses it to house car parts. The Serail # is E6-FC-3482. So, what can you tell me about it? Also, what kindof trans do they have? Thie is the one that was in the van when it was bought by George. And, are the trannies worth anything? JP?

Any guesses? It appears to be a HD truck FOM.

Matthew

Reply to
mbstude

a VERY narrow wheel base, a VERY TALL gear ratio..

45 mph TOP speed.. any side winds will blow it over too..

its a heavy duty tranny in that its hooked to the radiator, and it DOES start in first.. drive shaft is about 2 feet long or a bit less.. its either a 63 or 4,, I got a 3.. difference in the 4 is the throttle in the floor and the windows.. --Shiva--

Reply to
me

Reply to
mbstude

pretty bad shape too.. --Shiva--

Reply to
me

the sliding door? its NOT available NOR is the window and hardware..got to fabricate that myself and NOT looking forward to it..

the REAR door is the stuff billboards are made from, exterior paper covered multiply plywood- easily gotten..and remade.. the engine took me 2 years to find.. no one had a 6 here that did NOT need boring.. grill?? probably not, however it can be substituted..

going to re side mine, as its religious.. figure $200 for new sheets of steel and do away with both side windows.., has a 3.07 posi track rear end off of a Dodge 3/4T van under mine, as I WANT the side stability..

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

Reply to
mbstude

I got the 3 factory books on it.. if you need any detailed info.. --Shiva--

Reply to
me