'00 2.5rs. 6cyl swap?

I have a 2000 2.5 RS and I was wondering if it is possible to replace my

4cyl with a 6cyl. If anyone knows where I can find some Litature about it I would be greatful. thanks.
Reply to
johndoe

I assume you are trying to do this to attain higher power levels. If that is in fact the case, you might be better off just turboing the 2.5 that is in there or even consider a JDM EJ206 motorswap from a WRX including ECU swap. Or even a 2.2 liter from a legacy twin turbo would be a great platform to start with...closed deck, built solid, capable of holding high boost. I'm sorry I can't answer your original question. I would imagine it is possible, but would probably incredibly difficult and would require insane amounts of custom fabrication. I could be wrong though.

Reply to
WRXtreme

I believe you would have to redo the suspension, due to a 100 lb increase in engine weight. Also I think the alloy rims might have to be replaced also due to the weight.. You might also consider replacing the stock auto trans with the VTD auto trans that gives you 55% power at the rear wheels and 45% at the front wheels.the power will move in both directions with up to a

Reply to
Peter Stathis

Reply to
null