'02 Legacy GT trailer wiring question

As the 2002 Legacy GT is not factory prewired with a trailer tap, I'll be 1/2 tapping wires this weekend. I have a 6->4 wire converter / isolation device, purchased for an Outback. I'm going to cut off the connector, pick out the leads and wire it in.

Has anybody had any problems doing this, such as erroneous bulb-out indications on the dash? Any other reasons why I shouldn't do this?

Thanks, Barry

Reply to
Bonehenge

I've got a wiring converter on a 1991 Legacy but the only thing that happens is the "Stop Light" bulb-out indicator comes on when I step on the brake. It only happens when a trailer is hooked up so it doesn't bother me that much.

Mike

Reply to
Mike G