'03 Impreza TS idle question

My 2.5L Impreza always fluctuates between about 800RPM and 1000RPM when sitting at a light. It will go down to 800 and stay there for a while then go up to 1000 and stay there for a while and repeat this cycle. Is this normal? Any other vehicle I have had usually stays pegged at a certain RPM once they have reached normal operating temperature.

Reply to
Fuzzy Logic

Edward Hayes

The WRX's are know for bouncy idling. But it wouldn't hurt to take it to the dealer to see if the idle sensor or ? is acting up.

Reply to
Vince C

I have a similar situation with my 02 TS Wagon, but only when it starts cold. Will cycle between 700rpm and 2000rpm, up then down then up then down... But once at warm temp, rpms stay even and low.

Reply to
Aaron Flint

"Edward Hayes" wrote in news:l4uXc.520075$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

That was my understanding. I think my AC is actually on all the time even though the indicator says it isn't. I have noticed condensation under my car coming out of the AC drip even though I haven't used the AC for a few weeks!

Reply to
Fuzzy Logic