'04 Forester XT Remote Keyless Entry

Just bought a '04 XT. My first Subaru and first Japanese car. Love everything about the car except for the darn keyless entry remote. It only works when I'm only a foot away or standing directly in front of the car. Forget about using it when approaching the car from the rear. I had the dealer replace the battery but no change (both remotes act the same way). Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

'04 Java Black 5-Speed Forester XT '00 Red 5-Speed Mustang GT Convertible

Reply to
Y2KRedMustang

Mine remote seems to have a 10-15 foot range, which is much less than the one on my old Honda CRV.

Charles Silver MT XT

Reply to
Charles Nixon

My '03 only works close too - maybe up to 20 ft at best. My '98 worked up to 100 yds away. Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo

Reply to
Y2KRedMustang

It is disappointing. This morning I returned to my Forester and a cop was standing in front of it. In the past with my '98, I would take such an occassion to startle the person, but this time the cop saw me coming and beep was not nearly as loud ;) Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo

Are you sure all the doors (rear hatch) is closed? When a door is open (suppoe to double beep) the range goes way down.

Reply to
Mike B.

I'm sure all the doors and hatch is closed when I try to arm the system. I just came back from a trip where I had a rental and the remote entry worked from at least 30-40 feet away from the car, for gods sake it was a GM product :) If they can get it to work from that distance you'd think Subaru can too.

Go figure....

Reply to
Y2KRedMustang

Reply to