'04 Legacy Tire/Wheel ?

I have an 35th aniv. '04 Legacy Wagon with stock 16" wheels. Can I use 15" steel wheels on this car? I need to put snows on soon and I like the price difference between 15" and 16" setups. Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Ben King

If the bolt pattern matches up then yes. However, make sure you use the same rims for all four wheels and adjust your tire size to compensate for the reduced diameter of the wheel. Essentially you will need a taller tire to compensate for the smaller rim so you have the same diameter of your rim and tire together.

For example, if you are running 205/55-16 now you would have to get

205/60-15 to compensate for the smaller rim. You can check out tire rack to double-check the conversion sizes.

Where are you from that you need to run dedicated snow tires?

Be Well,

-Kurt

Ben K> I have an 35th aniv. '04 Legacy Wagon with stock 16" wheels. Can I

Reply to
Kurt C. Hack