05 Forester: Haynes vs. Chilton

I had a Haynes manual for my last vehicle and it came in handy for the occasional simple task. On Amazon.com both Haynes and Chilton manuals are available and Chilton has a higher rating (based in only a couple of reviews). Chilton is a couple of bucks more expensive.

One reviewer says they're the same manual. Is he just exaggerating (i.e. both cover the same kinds of tasks) or is it in fact the same manual with a different cover?

If it's the same manual I'll buy the cheaper one. Other suggestions welcome of course.

Thanks! =aw andrew [ snipped-for-privacy@wwwebbers.com]

Reply to
Andrew Webber

Andrew Webber wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I have the chilton's manual mentioned. the photos give credit to haynes. I've tried to use it on 2 occasions and found the information incorrect.

Reply to
Me

That's not good, thanks for the info.

Is there another manual out there that anyone can recommend?

Thanks! =aw

Reply to
awebber