05 OBW antifreeze smell

My 05 OBW is less than a week old. Driving last night, after about 30 minutes, I noticed a smell of antifreeze and steam coming from the front of the hood. Did the dealer just overfill the radiator or is this a more serious problem? I called the service dept. (They have banker's hours)

Reply to
Nicolaas

Check the coolent level cold, in both overflow bottle and radiator. Look for hose leaks.

Reply to
Edward Hayes

I found the problem. When topping off the fluids, they never completely closed the radiator cap. It needed a 1/4 turn. I am still taking it back to have them clean the engine and top off the radiator fluid.

Reply to
Nicolaas

Did you notice any overheating in the meantime?

Ron

Reply to
Rockin Ronnie

The temp guage always stayed in the "normal" range.

Reply to
Nicolaas