06 impreza oil leak on exhaust

Hello I started getting an oil smell inside the car. The mechanic said that oil is leaking on top of the exhaust. But they couldn't see where from. So the added a infrared dye to the oil. The reading in the oil is pretty high so I am thinking may be too much oil. Has anyone had this problem before?. My car was using 1qt of oil every 2000 miles but it stopped last time I too k it to the dealer for the 90k service. Could it be that the valvoline oil service place is doing something wrong?

Reply to
jcharth

Their filters may have been leaking. Had another leaker on the list a while back - was the "O" ring seal on the oil cooler?? Perhaps the dealer tightened the oil cooler?

What all is involved on the 90K? Did they retorque the heads? tighten the cam covers? The head gaskets have been known to seep oil that then makes it's way onto the exhausts.

Reply to
clare

Thanks those are good answers. I took it to the firestone next to my house and they put some additive to the oil because they could not see where it was leaking from.

Reply to
jcharth

Hello guys looks like it is the oil pressure switch. This is the second that goes bad. I did the last one my self this time I am going to let the garage replace it. Here is the picture

jcharth

On the Toyotas we called them oil pisser switches.

Reply to
clare

Things get weirder and weirder. I had engine check light on. So I use my od b reader to get the error code. The error code said 02. So it thought it wa s the o2 sensor. I talk to a friend and show him the error code in the mach ine and he said is the 02 sensor. The check engine light is now gone since i replace the oil pressure switch.

Reply to
jcharth

Oil on the outside of the O2 sensor will cause an O2 sensor code.

Reply to
clare