07 Impreza outback sport

Just picked up a brand new 07 Impreza Outback sport. Is there anything that I should keep my out for? Any known issues?

Thanks,

john

Reply to
jd

Take care of your tires and rotate them at each oil change. Be prepared to purchase 4 tires if one goes bad prematurely.

Use whatever grade of gas the owner's manual suggests.

if you have specific issues get back to this newsgroup or consider reading/joining

and/or

has discounted OEM accessories (email Jamie)

some accessories can be found at ebay (cargo nets, dog barriers, roof rail cross pieces, etc.)

has interesting soob news, tips and links

Carl

1 Lucky Texan
Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

The handling is great on the sharp turns. This is the first subaru I owned/drove. Will a K&N air filter help the performance at all? This is a non turbo model..

Thanks

Reply to
jd

Unfortunately, there is not much in the way of easy mods that will significantly increase the acceleration of NA soobs.(join your local SCCA and autocross it - forget 1/4, 1/8 mile racing) Intake and exhaust MAY give you a few ponies. Lightened crank and accesory pulleys MAY allow a little faster spin-up, as would a lighter flywheel. Lighter alloy wheels may be worth doing for reduced unsprung mass, reduced rotating mass and 'aestethics'. Do you NEED a back seat or passenger seat? (hah!) every 8-11 pounds removed is like adding 1hp (approx.) There are PLENTY of bits to increase cornering grip/dynamics.

check the NA forum at

for an FAQ or post specific questions.

I won't comment directly on K&N-style filters except to say there is occasional controversy about using them.

Carl

1 Lucky Texan
Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan